August is our month we talk about money every year. This year we are focusing on the harvest. Churches, and we have been no different, have taught on how to sow, how to be generous, this year we believe that God has challenged us to speak on the harvest, so over August we will be looking at the harvest!
In this scripture there are a few key points that we would like you to pay careful attention to before we receive the 2C9 offering at the end of the month.
1. That your offering is a willing gift!
2. That you can give it cheerfully!
3. That it is seed not bread, i.e. that you are sowing what God has given you to sow, not sowing what you should be using to live. i.e. Rent, Food or money for bills.
Food for thought
1. When you think about a time when you have generously given before, did you expect to receive a harvest from what you have given?
2. Has there been a time when you have “sown your bread” ie give what you should have used to pay for something else?
3. What is your vision, is it large enough for God to be involved or can you do it all by yourself?
4. Do you have a propensity to the positive or the negative, ie do you see problems or opportunities? When you thing about Matthew 13:24-30 when have you spent more time trying to fix a negative issue that destroyed a positive outcome?
5. Do you worry? Ken said in the message “that worry is paying for tomorrows cares today” How many times have what you worried about actually happened?
6. Can you determine what God is giving you as seed, and what he has given you as bread?
How can I apply these thoughts?
Romans 10:17 says faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of God. How is your confession, yourself talk, your prayer life. What do you hear yourself say?
Here are a few points that start with P that might help you as you prepare for a harvest in prayer.
Find a place to pray, we are so easily distracted, especially with all the social media and other distractions going on around us. Use a paper bible to read so that the notification alerts on your device don’t distract you.
When the disciples asked how to pray, Jesus gave them a plan of prayer.
Have a prayer list, pray you’re the vision that you expecting to see from your sowing.
Partner – Find someone to agree with.
Mt 18:18–20 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”
Seed time and Harvest, we live in a microwave society, I need it now. Time is a key to harvest, don become impatient. Galatians 6:9
Positive – Keep positive, remember John 10:10
Philippians 4:8–9 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
Changing your mind.
Mk 11:22–24 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.“